Joseph S. Toczydlowski is a Pennsylvania attorney with 20 years of experience.
Education and Experience
Joseph is a graduate of Scranton Prep. He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Scranton in chemistry/business. He studied law at the Duquesne University School of Law in Pittsburgh. He earned his Juris Doctorate degree in 1995.
After graduating from law school, Joseph accepted a position as Assistant District Attorney for the Lackawanna County District Attorney’s Office where he prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases including numerous jury trials. He remained in this position until 1999. In 2000, Joseph was elected for a six year term as Magisterial District Judge for Judicial District 45-3-04. Joseph has also maintained a private practice of law since 1996. His general practice of law has evolved into a multi-discipline practice capable of professionally assisting almost any individual or small business needs.
Joe’s primary practice areas:
• Personal Injury – Personal injury cases arise when someone is injured because of the negligence or wrongful action of another. If you have been injured in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, slip and fall or due to medical malpractice or a defective product, Joe can help you pursue the justice and compensation you deserve.
• Workers’ Compensation – Workers’ compensation insurance exists to provide benefits for workers who are injured on the job. If you have been denied benefits, are getting ordered back to work or interested in settling your case, call Joe for a free consultation.
• Criminal Defense – Criminal convictions can lead to serious consequences, including incarceration and a permanent record. Joe has handled thousands of criminal cases. If you have been accused of a crime in Pennsylvania, as a former assistant D.A. and District Judge, Joe is your best defense!
• Estate Planning, Probate and Elder Law -Estate planning is essential. Joseph can help you evaluate your current situation and create a solid estate plan that meets your needs. Joe assists clients with Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney, Living Wills, Estate Probate, Guardianship, Medicaid Planning and all elder law needs.
Joseph understands how difficult it can be to deal with legal problems. Regardless of the nature of your case, he will always treat you with compassion and dignity throughout the case. He will also be available to answer your questions, educate you on your legal matters and provide professional assistance every step of the way.
Joseph is currently accepting new clients in Lackawanna, Luzerne, Wayne, Wyoming, Susquehanna, Pike and Monroe Counties, and throughout the great state of Pennsylvania. If you have any legal problem, please contact Toczydlowski Law today for a free initial consultation.
Joan Lednovich Guari is a 1987 graduate of the University of Scranton. Attorney Guari earned her law degree from Seton Hall University in 1990. She has successfully completed the requirements for bar recognition in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
She began her law career as a law clerk to The Honorable James Kennedy, Presiding Judge, Criminal Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey Monmouth vicinage. Thereafter, Attorney Guari became an Assistant Solicitor for the City of Scranton wherein she handled all aspects of municipal law. Upon departing from the City of Scranton, Attorney Guari entered private practice as an Associate Attorney with the law office of Bialkowski & Savitsky. Attorney Guari handled a wide variety of cases including insurance defense, family law, municipal law, wills, estates, trusts and real estate.
Since 2006, Attorney Guari has working with the Toczydlowski Law handling a diverse practice including, civil litigation, family law, real estate and title insurance, criminal law and wills, estates and trusts.
Stephanie M. Sebastianelli is a graduate of Washington & Jefferson College. She earned her law degree from the University Of Dayton School Of Law. Prior to working with the Toczydlowski Law Office, Attorney Sebastianelli was a law clerk to the Honorable Chester T. Harhut of the Court of Common Pleas of Lackawanna County. Thereafter, Attorney Sebastianelli became an associate attorney with the Law Office of Robert D. Mariani where she handled various types of cases, including, workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation, social security disability, wills, estates, real estate, discrimination and union contract negotiations and arbitrations for eighteen years.
Upon Attorney Mariani’s appointment to the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, Attorney Sebastianelli was hired as an associate with the Toczydlowski Law Office and also served as a law clerk for the Honorable Tina Polachek Gartley of the Court of Common Pleas of Luzerne County for more than two years. Since working with the Toczydlowski Law Office, Attorney Sebastianelli continues to handle various types of cases including workers’ compensation, personal injury, and social security disability. Attorney Sebastianelli is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Lackawanna County Bar Association.
Visit our office today!
Awesome and resonance attorney.
- thdevilmancometh . 8/20/2018
Local law office for real estate and probate law.
- David K. 4/22/2018
Great lawyer. Well worth the money spent!!
- Gene Rawlings. 3/20/2018
I found the staff to be very knowledgeable and professional. They handled our two separate estates in a very delicate manor while we mourned the loss of 3 relatives.